Artweeks, Oxfordshire’s visual arts festival, is an important event for the artists of Eynsham in West Oxfordshire.
During Artweeks, which happens every May, artists county-wide throw open the doors of their home and studios and exhibit their creations to visitors. In Eynsham, there is a core group of artists who participate – including me – I have taken part for the past 16 years!
All the artists taking part are within a few hundred metres of each other, so once you’ve parked your car, just have a wander around. You’ll be warmly welcomed by:
- Alice Walker at The Music Room, on Queen Street (opposite no.43). Alice will be showing her very varied paintings, drawings and printmaking. Alice only exhibits every three years or so, don’t miss this! Alongside Alice will be Joanna Ripley showing her sparkling stoney jewellery.
- Eric White, at 28 Mill Street, will be showing his delicious paintings made in soft pastels – a notoriously difficult medium, but Eric makes it look easy. This will be Eric’s 25th Artweeks.
- Eynsham Arts Group will be showing the very varied work of its members at the Bartholomew Rooms in The Square.
- Jane Tomlinson – that’s me! I’ll be at 18 Newland Close. Come and be wowed by my colourful paintings and maps, especially my Shakespeare paintings.
- Julia Loken will be at her beautiful home of Myrtle Cottage, Tanners Lane, where she’ll be showing her exquisite watercolour paintings of predominantly botanical subjects.
- Lorna Marrison whose paintings will be hanging at The White Hart on Newland Street. So grab a beer and examine her keenly observed pictures of village life, its people and architecture.
- Peter Shrimpton will be at The Swan Hotel on Acre End Street, showing his large, colourful and witty metal sculptures. This is Peter’s first Artweeks so be sure to pop by and say hello.
Important! There is no obligation to buy. We want you to come and look and ENJOY; tell us what you like and ask us questions about our creations.
To make it as effortless as possible here’s an Eynsham Artweeks trail map for you to download, designed to make it easy for you to find your way around.
Eynsham is only 5 miles west of Oxford and there is plenty here for visitors of all ages to enjoy. Our village is beautiful (it’s a bit like Woodstock but without the tourists and with plenty of parking.)
Opening times vary slightly so check the Artweeks website. But we’ll all be open on Saturday 21, Sunday 22, Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 May 2016 from 12noon.
We look forward to welcoming you!