You don’t have to know anything about art to buy a painting.
- Trust your instincts. All you need to know is that you like it.
- If you liked it the moment you saw it, you will almost certainly still be enjoying it in 10 years’ time.
- Unless you have wads of cash and are a serious art collector, don’t buy to ‘invest’. Buy because you like it.
- If you want to know more about a painting, for example, what inspired it, ask the artist – in this case, me. I love to tell people about why I made it and what all the elements mean.
- An original painting, especially if you commissioned it, will give you a lifetime of pleasure. Paintings take a long time to make and a much, much longer time to be enjoyed.
- Whenever possible, buy direct from the artist, and not through a gallery. Galleries necessarily inflate prices. When artists and buyers come together, we both get a better deal.
- If the painting you like is a bit out of your price range, offer the artist a price you can afford. My prices are not fixed. Artists are flexible – I know I am – and the fact you’re willing to pay for a painting means that you value their work.
If you’re in the UK, you can buy an item directly through the shop mechanism on this website. Just choose the one you want, add it to your ‘cart’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you don’t like buying over the internet, then simply contact me and tell me what you’re after. Simple!
Please note that only when I have received your payment will paintings or items be posted.
Images may also be purchased for use in printed and e-documents. Just contact me, I don’t bite!
Yes, of course! I have many international buyers. Firstly please contact me to let me know what it is you want. Then we can arrange shipment and payment.
I will quote you for the cost of shipping. This usually is somewhere between US$10 and $40, depending on size, format and where in the world you are.
Payment can be usually be arranged by PayPal to email@example.com or by international bank transfer, although fees for this can sometimes be as much as US$25 per transaction. You can pay by credit card even if you don’t have a PayPal account!
UK prices are converted using www.oanda.com currency converter on the day of reservation.
The delightful postmistress at the village Post Office always tells me how long things should take to arrive, but the world is an unpredictable place! I once had a print take only three days to get to New Zealand, and yet another painting took more than a week to arrive in Bristol, UK.
I endeavour to dispatch all orders within 24 hours. I will email you or message to tell you when I’ve posted it.I normally post items first class, signed-for (recorded delivery) or pay for a tracking mechanism.
Yes! Prints of many of my paintings are available as prints directly from me – look out for the print options against each item. Or you may buy a digital image and have it printed in a size and format of your choice. Read more about this option.
Yes! I warmly welcome commissions. Some of my favourite paintings are those that have been inspired by other people’s ideas. If you’re not sure exactly what you want, then contact me and we’ll talk through what’s possible. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is for me to turn your ‘hunch’ or vague idea into something that will grace your walls and bring joy and meaning to you every time you look at it.Find out more about commissions