In Artweeks 2019 I will be exhibiting with my brother Paul Tomlinson.
Artweeks is Oxfordshire’s county-wide visual arts festival which I have taken part in for 20 years from my home in Eynsham, West Oxfordshire. Over two decades I have built up quite an army of fans! If you’re one of them THANK YOU – your support and encouragement mean so much to me.
But Artweeks 2019 is going to be different for me as I shall be exhibiting alongside my brother Paul Tomlinson at Spindlewood, New Road, Sutton, Witney, OX29 5RT.
Artweeks 2019 – see the Tomlinson siblings’ scribblings
This will be the first time Paul and I have ever exhibited together, and it’s Paul’s first ever UK exhibition. If you like drawing and painting, colour and calm, light and shade, and a different view of the world around us, you’ll love what we have to offer.
You probably already know what to expect from me – paintings inspired by wonderful things from the natural world, birds, animals and trees, and whatever else moves me. I’ll be showing some of my quirky award-winning hand-painted maps, including 3 never exhibited in Artweeks before The Life & Works of Vincent van Gogh, State Birds of the USA, and my newest painting – a fisherman’s map of British Rivers.
I will also have a number of paper mache birds and animals to make you smile, as well as prints, greetings cards, and my ever-popular Shipping Forecast goodies.
Paul is a newcomer to Artweeks, but not to drawing! An engineer by profession, Paul spent 3 decades in the construction industry in West Oxfordshire, putting his artistic leanings on hold during that time.
Now retired, Paul’s long-suppressed inner artist has finally been let off the leash. Like me, Paul has a deep love of the natural world and history, our cultural heritage and the environment. But Paul’s love of architecture and the built environment is what powers his drawings. His townscapes are are exquisitely observed with the sensitivity of an artist but with the precision of an engineer. Paul will be showing his drawings – pen and ink, lightly washed with watercolour – of Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Cyprus and Turkey.
More information on the Artweeks websiteSee the Artweeks guide (pdf download) – we’re on page 45, site 364
Where to see our exhibition
Come and visit us at Spindlewood, New Road, Sutton, Witney, OX29 5RT. Follow the Artweeks signs from the B4449!
- Saturday 18 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Sunday 19 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Saturday 25 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Sunday 26 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
We are just 50 metres from Sutton Methodist Chapel. There is parking, tea & coffee will be available, and there’s a lovely garden to enjoy. You won’t miss us – look out for the Artweeks signs!
Artweeks in West Oxfordshire 2019
West Oxfordshire is packed full of incredible artistic talent! Just in Eynsham, you’ll find this lovely lot, and we shall be only 3 miles away in Sutton near Stanton Harcourt.
- Peter Shrimpton – heavy metal sculpture
- Suzy Wright – textiles: fibre art & embroidery
- Eynsham Arts Group – various media – <<< I will be showing a few paintings here
- Eric White – pastel paintings & mixed media
- Alison Holmans – pottery: stoneware & raku at the Chicken Run Studio
- Alice Walker – drawing, painting, printmaking
- Rosalind Duffy – glass <<< Cancelled!
- David Brown & Amanda Bonfiglioli – ceramics & pottery (near Yarnton)
Keep in touch with what we’re up to
- You can keep up to date with my artistic journey on my Facebook page and on Twitter. Please do like and follow me!
- You can sign up to receive very occasional emails from me here. (I send email only rarely, so no need to fear ‘spam’.)
- My brother Paul’s website is here PaulRichardTomlinson.co.uk