Last year my brother Paul and I exhibited together for the first time for Artweeks, Oxfordshire’s county-wide visual arts festival. It was so successful we’re doing it again!
This year we’re showing our paintings and drawings from the garden gallery at my new home at 7 Pigeon House Lane, Freeland, Witney, OX29 8AG (8 miles west of Oxford) on 9, 10, 16 and 17 May 2020.
We invite you to come and enjoy our drawings and paintings, and inspect our different ways of seeing the world through colour and calm, light and shade, contrast and cartography.
This will be my 22nd Artweeks exhibition.
I make paintings inspired by wonderful things from the natural world, birds, animals and trees, and whatever else moves me. As ever I’ll be showing some of my quirky award-winning hand-painted maps, including the immensely popular Life & Works of Vincent van Gogh, a fisherman’s map of British Rivers, Brexit Forecast, and Best of British – 50 things to love about Britain (an antidote to Brexit).
This is Paul’s second Artweeks exhibition.
After 3 decades as an engineer in the construction industry suppressing his inner artist, Paul’s talents are bearing extraordinary fruit. Paul’s passion for architecture and the built environment is what powers his drawings. His exquisitely observed townscapes are expressed with the sensitivity of an artist and with the precision of an engineer. And all drawn in front of the subject. Paul will be showing his drawings – pen and ink, washed with watercolour – of Oxford, Oxfordshire towns and villages, Stratford-upon-Avon, and further afield, too. Look out for scenes from Cyprus, Turkey, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and more!
Where to see our exhibition
Come and visit us at 7 Pigeon House Lane, Freeland, Witney, OX29 8AG.
- Saturday 9 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Sunday 10 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Saturday 16 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Sunday 17 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
Going west on the A40 turn right at the Evenlode Pub at Eynsham, (the junction is signposted Freeland) and we’re just 2 miles away. Pigeon House Lane is opposite Freeland Garden Centre.
There is parking, tea & coffee will be available, and there’s a beautiful garden to explore, including a glorious pond. You won’t miss us – look out for the Artweeks signs!
Well-behaved doggies on leads are welcome, but our free-range cats might not be so keen! For riders, there is space to tether your horse (I’m not kidding).
Disabled visitors – please note that there are two small steps to negotiate.
Artweeks in West Oxfordshire 2020
West Oxfordshire is packed full of incredible artistic talent! Just in Eynsham alone, you’ll find these beautiful artists:
- Alison Holmans – pottery: stoneware & raku at the Chicken Run Studio – Eynsham
- Alison Berrett – drawing & painting – Eynsham
- Angela Cohen – mosaics – Eynsham
- Eric White – pastel paintings & mixed media – Eynsham
- Eynsham Arts Group – various media <<< I will be showing a few paintings here
- Hannah Jago – painting & textiles – Eynsham
- Julia Loken – botanical paintings – Eynsham
- Kevin Hinton – drawing & painting – Cassington
- Lorna Marrison – drawing & painting – Eynsham
- Maureen Gillespie & Marie Shepherd – Mixed Media, Painting, Sculpture, Textiles – Long Hanborough
- Peter Shrimpton – heavy metal sculpture – Eynsham
- Rick Fink – painting – Long Hanborough
- Sherrey Tysom – drawing & painting – Eynsham