For Artweeks 2020 I will be exhibiting with my brother Paul Tomlinson.
Last year my brother Paul and I exhibited together for the first time for Artweeks, Oxfordshire’s county-wide visual arts festival. It was so successful we’re doing it again!
This year we’re showing our paintings and drawings from the garden gallery at my new home at 7 Pigeon House Lane, Freeland, Witney, OX29 8AG (8 miles west of Oxford) on 9, 10, 16 and 17 May 2020.
We invite you to come and enjoy our drawings and paintings, and inspect our different ways of seeing the world through colour and calm, light and shade, contrast and cartography.
This will be my 22nd Artweeks exhibition.
I make paintings inspired by wonderful things from the natural world, birds, animals and trees, and whatever else moves me. As ever I’ll be showing some of my quirky award-winning hand-painted maps, recent paintings and I also have prints of my paintings, tea towels, coasters, a huge range of greetings cards, and my ever-popular Shipping Forecast goodies.
This is Paul’s second Artweeks exhibition.
After 3 decades as an engineer in the construction industry suppressing his inner artist, Paul’s talents are bearing extraordinary fruit. Paul’s passion for architecture and the built environment is what powers his drawings. His exquisitely observed townscapes are expressed with the sensitivity of an artist and with the precision of an engineer. And all drawn in front of the subject. Paul will be showing his drawings – pen and ink, washed with watercolour – of Oxford, Oxfordshire towns and villages, Stratford-upon-Avon, and further afield, too. Look out for scenes from Cyprus, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and more!
Where to see our exhibition
Come and visit us at 7 Pigeon House Lane, Freeland, Witney, OX29 8AG.
- Saturday 9 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Sunday 10 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Saturday 16 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
- Sunday 17 May 12 noon- 5.30pm
Going west on the A40 turn right at the Evenlode Pub at Eynsham, (the junction is signposted Freeland) and we’re just 2 miles away. Pigeon House Lane is opposite Freeland Garden Centre.
There is parking, tea & coffee will be available, and there’s a beautiful garden to explore, including a glorious pond. You won’t miss us – look out for the Artweeks signs!
Well-behaved doggies on leads are welcome, but our free-range cats might not be so keen! For riders, there is space to tether your horse (I’m not kidding).
Disabled visitors – please note that there are two small steps to negotiate.
Artweeks in West Oxfordshire 2020
As well as Paul and I, the Eynsham area is packed full of incredible artistic talent! Discover these beautiful artists:
- Alison Holmans – pottery – Eynsham
- Alison Berrett – drawing & painting – Eynsham
- Angela Cohen – mosaics – Eynsham
- Eric White – pastel paintings & mixed media – Eynsham
- Eynsham Arts Group – various media <<< I will be showing a few paintings here
- Hannah Jago – painting & textiles – Eynsham
- Julia Loken – botanical paintings – Eynsham
- Kevin Hinton – drawing & painting – Cassington
- Lorna Marrison – drawing & painting – Eynsham
- Peter Shrimpton – heavy metal sculpture – Eynsham
- Sherrey Tysom – drawing & painting – Eynsham