Animal Map of the World poster of an original painting
Signed prints of this original watercolour painting are available on 200gsm archival quality paper, printed with UV stable inks, size A2. Posted to you rolled, prices included P&P to UK addresses. If you’re not in the UK contact me for an international postage price.
3 in stock (can be backordered)
Signed prints, Paintings, Watercolour, MapsAhoy there! This painting celebrates the poetry of the shipping forecast, a great British institution. As well as prints, available right here, I also have greetings cards, coasters, tea towels, and jigsaw puzzles of this award-winning painting! High quality signed print, size A2 (420 x 594mm) of an original painting on 200gsm archival quality paper, printed with UV stable inks and signed by the artist. Comes to you wrapped and rolled in a sturdy postal pack. Price includes P&P to UK addresses.£40.00
Signed prints, Paintings, Acrylics, MapsOriginal painting – acrylic on canvas - size: 51cm x 76cm – price includes P&P to UK addresses. Comes to you unframed. A2 size prints, signed by the artist. Price includes P&P to UK addresses. A digital file of this painting is available for you to print at a format and size of your choice. Read more… I also have greetings cards, jigsaw puzzles and tea towels of this painting.£37.00 – £1,295.00
This painting, Animal Map of the World, now available as a poster, does exactly what it says on the tin; it shows some of the many creatures we share the planet with, in the approximate place you might find them. The original watercolour painting was a commission for Mini Map Makers for use in a series of children’s cartographic textbooks.
Which animals are where in world?
- North America – brown bear, bison, striped skunk, monarch butterfly
- Central and South America – keel-billed toucan, red-eyed tree frog, green iguana, southern tamandua, guanaco, Commerson’s dolphin
- Africa – carmine bee-eater, dromedary camel, scarab beetle, African elephant, giraffe, ring-tailed lemur
- Europe and Asia – reindeer, red fox, great-spotted woodpecker, Przewalski’s horse, grey wolf, Japanese red-crowned crane, peregrine falcon, panda, Bengal tiger, Arabian oryx, Indian cobra
- Australasia – red kangaroo, kiwi, flying fox
- Antarctica- gentoo penguin, king penguins
- Pacific Ocean – salmon, sunfish, sealion, humpback whale
- Atlantic Ocean – Atlantic puffin, cod, green turtle, bluemarlin, Commerson’s dolphin, chambered nautilus, waved albatross
- Indian Ocean – white shark, whale shark, orca, manta ray, yellow tang, clown fish
- Arctic Ocean – narwal, ringed seal, polar bear, eider duck, walrus
There are many animal maps of the world out there (this is hardly an original idea), but many of them show hopelessly simplified representations of animals, or are exceptionally detailed. The painting is designed to come somewhere in between. Mini Map Makers, who commissioned it, will use it in school workbooks to teach 4- to 11-year-olds.
In this current age of catastrophic global extinctions, it’s important that we humans do all we can right now to fight for and preserve the planet’s biodiversity and habitats while we still have species to save. Not just the big ‘iconic’ species, many of which appear on my Animal Map of the World painting. But the small ‘uncute’ stuff too; amphibians, insects, crustaceans, molluscs. Without biodiversity, we ourselves are unlikely to survive. Because we are all in it together.